Mister D: This little quiz or what WhatsOn.com, Las Vegas’ #1 Visitor’s Guide says “7 Things You Didn’t Know About Bette Midler” appeared in their news section today. Are there any surprises on this list…something you didn’t know. Or did you find it lame or tame, to be more polite? To be fair, those that don’t follow her career like we do, probably would find most of this surprising. But I want to hear your honest answers…was there something on here that took you by surprise????? Gosh, it takes me forever to get to the point! But fuck it, I don’t care! (maybe I should put a parental guidance sticker on this siite for parents…whaddaya think about that..another question.) While you’re pondering this…I’m clearing out the playlist and puttin’ on some music for ya….check the jukebox and ipod sections later today:
- 1. Midler is named after actress Bette Davis, though she pronounces her name differently.
- 2. As a teenager, Midler worked in a Dole pineapple processing plant.
- 3. The performer is also quite intelligentâ€”Midler graduated as valedictorian of her high school.
- 4. Midler was the final guest on â€œThe Tonight Show starring Johnny Carson.â€
- 5. Sheâ€™s no stranger to Sin City. The actress got married in a Las Vegas wedding chapel in 1984.
- 6. The environmentalist founded the New York Restoration Project in 1995, a non-profit organization that restores old parks and assists in the battle against global warming.
- 7. Also a huge supporter of arts and education, Midler is on the deanâ€™s council at the Yale School of Architecture.