People are so furious ‘Hocus Pocus’ gets a remake, not sequel
Sonja Haller, Allthemoms.com , WHAS 11:39 AM. EDT October 05, 2017
A sequel, fans might have embraced.
But a re-imagined TV movie without the original cast? People are having trouble remaining calm.
Deadline reported, and other film news outlets confirmed, that the movie is being written by Scarlett Lacey, who wrote “The Royals,” and will be produced by David Kirschner, producer of the original “Hocus Pocus.”
Parker has said in previous interviews that she was game for a sequel, giving people hope that one could happen.
But are they happy with a remake?
This person even tweeted a petition to stop the remake.
- All Three Actresses Want Hocus Pocus 2, So What Is Hollywood Waiting For? (bootlegbetty.com)
- Bette Midler Revives Hocus Pocus in Concert – And It’s Everything (bootlegbetty.com)
- Bette Midler And Hocus Pocus Just Won The Straight Outta Compton Meme Game (bootlegbetty.com)
- Hocus Pocus Is Getting A Sequel After All! But Not In The Way You’d Imagine… (popist.com)
- Hocus Pocus Is Officially Getting Remade – without the Original Cast | BootLeg Betty (bootlegbetty.com)