Video: Bette Midler: Bootleg Betty: Perfect Isn’t Easy – From The Movie, “Oliver & Company”
Bette Midler (Georgette) is the tertiary antagonist later anti-heroine in Disney’s 1988 movie, Oliver & Company. She is the prize-winning poodle of the Foxworth family, and while initially antagonistic to Jenny‘s pet cat Oliver, his presence causes her to change for the better.
Trivia – Bette Midler: Bootleg Betty
- When Georgette dumps Oliver’s bowl in the trash, she is humming a few bars of “Perfect Isn’t Easy“.
- Strangely enough, one of Georgette’s photos during “Perfect Isn’t Easy” shows Ratigan, the villain of The Great Mouse Detective, which was done two years earlier, while another, strangely enough for Disney, shows a picture of the Hanna-Barbera character Scooby-Doo.
- Georgette is melodramatic since her voice actress, Bette Midler, is known for playing melodramatic characters.
- Despite not being affiliated with Sykes, she can be considered a villain, or at least an antagonist, due to her mistreatment of Oliver.
- Georgette’s hair is loose when she gets out of bed, but is in curlers when she looks in the mirror.
- During “Perfect Isn’t Easy,” the birds are opening the curtains on the balcony doors. Moments later, just before Georgette bursts open the doors, the curtains are seen still closed.
- When Georgette sings the line “I’m beauty unleashed, yeah!” the fur on her chest is missing.
- When Georgette dips her paw into some mascara and applies it to her left eye, her right eye is already
mascareddespite the fact that her left eye is the first one she applies it to.
- When Georgette lays down on the pillow in front of her collection of portraits, a smaller pillow next to her is bare. When the camera pans overhead to show the large oil painting of Georgette, the pillow now has a portrait on it.
- In her autobiography, Bette Midler: Still Divine, Bette Midler stated that this was one of her personal favorite roles that she had played in a movie.
- Georgette has also been shown to have an exceptional strength, seen in the final scenes in the movie in which she flawlessly bends a metal bar on Fagin’s bike.
- According to Georgette, she has won 56 blue ribbons, 14 regional trophies, and is a
six timenational champion.
- Georgette has a box of bonbons that Francis was seen eating. It should be noted bonbons are small candies coated in chocolate which is poisonous to dogs.
hercountless pieces of memorabilia and items of interest is a copy of Time Magazine with her on the front cover. This indicates that she’s quite famous, not just among dogs but humans as wel