I don’t know why but I was compelled to read about Def Leppard and how long it took to break the song, “Bringing On The Heartache“, in America. To keep the song on the charts and to bump it up higher on the charts, the producer, Mutt Lange, thought giving the song to a female vocalist like Bonnie Tyler might do the trick, but he was too late, but not surprised that a female vocalist grabbed at it. That female was Mariah Carey. I really did not like her version at all, nor have I liked anything she put out after her first album, with the exception of her cover of Nillson’s “Without You” — and his is still the definitive version IMHO. What I didn’t know, until tonight, was that Carey’s video for the song was an obvious take on Bette Midler in “The Rose” I had never seen it before and what a hoot seeing all the little references. Enjoy! P.S. And, no, this doesn’t mean I don’t like Mariah. Stop thinking in black and white. It’s annoying.
- Updates and Tid-Bettes.... September 30, 2003
- BetteUcation: Mariah Carey August 25, 2014
- Mariah Carey on Guest Hosting "The View" December 18, 2002
- Video: Bette's Appearance on Mariah Carey's… December 15, 2020
- Bette And Martin Meet Up With Mariah Carey In Capri… July 9, 2016
- BetteBack January 11, 1991: Grammy Nominations 1991 February 25, 2012