Bette Midler Fan Mail
- ▼ 2019 (81)
- ► 2018 (1084)
- ► 2017 (2182)
- ► 2016 (2706)
- ► 2015 (1553)
- ► 2014 (751)
- ► 2013 (1114)
- ► 2012 (1865)
- ► 2011 (1466)
- ► 2010 (1636)
- ► 2009 (981)
- ► 2008 (777)
- ► 2007 (361)
- ► 2006 (274)
- ► 2005 (450)
- ► 2004 (990)
- ► 2003 (762)
- ► 2002 (213)
Tag Archives: the thorn
Wednesday, October 10, 2018
The Thorn is a comic, religious satire movie released on May 24, 1974, as The Divine Mr. J. It was first shown as The Greatest Story Overtold at the Detroit Institute of Art in 1971. It was released on video in the early 1980s as The Thorn. It was written, directed and produced by Peter Alexander. Its release was legally challenged on grounds that its title and advertising deceptively exploited the fame of its co-star, Bette Midler.
Originally conceived as The Greatest Story Overtold, an irreverent spoof of the 1965 movie The Greatest Story Ever Told, the film was influenced by the increase in popularity and profitability of Christian evangelism. Peter McWilliams wrote, produced, directed and edited the film under the pseudonym, Peter Alexander. He went on to write a broad range of mostly self-published, popular books. It was filmed mostly in a suburb of Detroit, Michigan from 1970 to 1971. ...
Friday, May 25, 2018
The Cinemaholic LISTS: 10 Best Bette Midler Movies and TV Shows By Team Cinemaholic 6 May 21, 2018 Bette Midler is an American songwriter, singer, comedian, film producer and actress. Following a career that revolved around several Off-Off-Broadway shows, she rose to prominence as a singer and has sold over 30 million records worldwide. Bette Midler boasts of a career that spans half a century and has won three Grammy Awards, four Golden Globes, three Emmy Awards and two Tony Awards. Here’s the list of top Bette Midler movies.
10. Outrageous Fortune (1987)Outrageous Fortune is about a man with two women in his life who disappears and they go out looking for him. Directed by Arthur Hiller, it also stars Shelley Long and Robert Prosky.
9. Down and out in Beverly Hills (1986)Down and Out in Beverly Hills is about a homeless man who tries to drown himself in the pool of a rich couple who save him and welcome him in their house. The film is directed by Paul Mazursky and also Nick Nolte and Little Richard.
8. For the Boys (1991)A US entertainer, with the help of a singer and dancer, tours to entertain the soldiers during World War II. For the Boys is directed by Mark Rydell and also casts James Caan and George Segal. 7. The First Wives Club (1996) Reunited due to the death of a friend, three women decide to revenge their husbands who dumped them for younger women. Directed by Hugh Wilson, The First Wives Club also stars Goldie Hawn and Maggie Smith.
6. Big Business (1988)Two sets of twins are born in a hospital on the same night to two different families and get mixed up due to a drunk nurse. Big Business is directed by Jim Abrahams and also stars Lily Tomlin and Fred Ward.
5. The Thorn (1971)The Thorn is a religious comic satire. It is directed by Peter McWilliams and also stars John Bassberger and John Greenberg.
4. Beaches (1998)The strong friendship between two people coming from very different backgrounds. Beaches is directed by Garry Marshall and also stars Barbara Hershey and John Heard.
3. Hocus Pocus (1993)Two teenagers, a young girl, and an immortal cat try to put an end to the terror of three witches, who have resurrected after 300 years. Hocus Pocus is directed by Kenny Ortega and also stars Sarah Jessica Parker and Kathy Najimy.
2. Ruthless People (1986)A businessman cheats and a couple and the couple takes the revenge by kidnappinghis wife, but they don’t know that he is happy they did so. Also starring Danny DeVito and Judge Reinhold, Ruthless People is directed by Jim Abrahams, David Zucker, and Jerry Zucker.
1. The Rose (1979)A female rock star, whose manager is ruthless and pressurizes her constantly, destructs her life with drugs and alcohol. Directed by Mark Rydell, The Rose also stars Alan Bates and Frederic Forrest.
Friday, February 24, 2017
Anderson Herald Bulletin April 17, 1974 Another belle unhappy about her debut into films is Bette Midler (“the divine Miss Midler”). Her managers are just as unhappy. Seems that before Bette became so divine she accepted a role in “The Divine Mr J.” a low budget flick for which she received an equally low budget salary. Now â€œ The Divine Mr J ” is on the verge of immediate release and look what’s happened to Bette in the meantime. She and managers are negotiating movie deals calling for whopping amounts of money and they are thoroughly convinced that the less than â€œ Divine Mr J ” isn tÂ going to help their cause.
Thursday, July 21, 2016
[fbvideo link=”https://www.facebook.com/bootlegbetty/videos/912444602179273/” width=”480″ height=”400″ onlyvideo=”1″]