Now say that really fast!!! LOL I’ll make this short and simple. This fundraiser is to honor and show appreciation to the finest living entertainer/philanthropist/eco-green goddess there ever has been. In order to do this, we donate our hard earned money to her beloved creation, NYRP. Why give to The New York Restoration Project? Check out all they’ve accomplished and their goals for the future. There’s enough inspiration to start one of these foundations in your own city. Click Here! Now get those checkbooks and credit cards out and follow these instructions! Love, Mister D
(I’m Elatin’, I’m Elatin’ Just Keep Donatin’…)
Starts: October 1, 2009 thru December 7, 2009
Minimum Donation: $10.00 then to the moon
(if you can’t make the minimum, then just give what you can. It’s okay. The economy sucks….)
1. Purchase a birthday card or make your own or write a note or just send in the check.
2. Enclose your check or money order (credit card info below)
3. Important-Make the check out to NYRP. Write on the check where there’s room….”Happy Birthday Bette – BLB” to let her know it came from the BLB group so they can tally how much money we raised. Write this on the check and the back of the envelope…make sure you follow this part carefully or your donation won’t get counted nor will it make it into the box being presented to Ms. Midler.
4. Beginning on Oct 1 thru DEC. 7. Mail the check to (make sure to write Happy Birthday Bette – BLB on the back of the envelope….very important)
5. You may also use their Credit Card page. Beginning in September they will be rolling out a new design. You may choose one of the already allotted donations or ‘Other’ and make up your own. When you get to the end of the process a Comment Box should appear – just write “Happy Birthday Bette – BLB” to let them know to count your donation with the Bootleg Betty group. If you don’t see a Comment Box write firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know to count your donation with the BLB Happy Birthday Fund….
6. For Cards with Enclosed Checks start sending beginning Oct 1 through DEC. 7th. Keep everything positive. Please send to:
Attn: Kristen Dougherty
New York Restoration Project
254 West 31st Street,
New York, NY 10001
7. Bette will be presented the birthday cards and donations in a Handmade Memory Box on her birthday or close to it.
8. Then NYRP will tally the totals.
We need a lot of participants, so start saving up or raising money. The birthday card will give you a chance to express some of your feelings. So let’s make this successful and maybe make this a yearly thing. At least we tried. Pass this along to your other Bette friends and get them involved, too.
9. All donations are tax deductible!
10. Reminder â€“ Very Important: For The Fundraiser
Make sure to put HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETTE – BLB somewhere on the outside of your envelope AND on your check (like on the memo line) so that NYRP knows to put your card in the Memory Box. If you are paying by Credit Card on their site, there is a comment box where you can write HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETTE – BLB as well and it will be put in the box. If you don’t do this, it will just be counted as any old regular donation and won’t be put in the box that will be given to Ms. Midler. If you’ve already sent your card in and messed up, just contact me and I’ll try to straighten it out. Also, do not send any cards or letters unless there is a donation of some quantity. We’ll do a letter campaign another time.