This might be fun for all of us to try – Mister D
Face Off: How to Draw Amazing Caricatures & Comic Portraits: by Harry Hamernik (Author)
Face Off shows you how to draw life like never before. Caricaturist Harold Hamernik shares the secrets to capturing the sillier side of friends, family, celebrities, strangers—any face that crosses your path.
40 step-by-step demonstrations show you how to sketch whimsical and expressive likenesses while developing your own quick, loose, improvisational style. You’ll get expert instruction on:
- Drawing eyes, noses, mouths and other features.
- Creating portraits in front, three-quarter and profile views.
- Adding color to your caricatures, either by hand or via computer—instruction you won’t find in any other book!
- Tips for making a likeness more masculine (skip the eyelashes), more feminine (lengthen the neck), younger, older, sexier, goofier—all while making a portrait your subject will love.
- How to draw hair as two simple lines, why drawing the parts of a face in the same order every time can cut minutes off your work, and tons of other handy tricks of the craft!
- Practice the simple techniques in this book, then start drawing! It’s the most fun you can have with paper, pencils