David, from the U.K., wrote in to inform all of us that the BBC radio (via the internet) will be running a documentary on the life and music of singer-songwriter Laura Nyro.
What does this have to do with Bette? Well, according to the website , Ms. Midler will be narrating it.
This documentary will air live, Saturday, from 9:30- 10:30 pm…BBC Time!!! LOL Everyone will have to figure out what that means in your time zone. 🙂
If you can’t listen to it live then, it will be readily available in the archives for 7 days for you to listen to at any time, but then they take it down….don’t let the week go by without listening.
The program is entitled, SHOOTING STAR: LAURA NYRO REMEMBERED
Here’s the link: Click Here
To Learn More About Ms. Nyro: Click Here
Thanks so much David. This should be an interest, not only for BetteHeads, but for those of us who loved Laura Nyro and appreciated her unique style that had such an influence on many of our biggest music makers. Hopefully, this will turn some people on to her talent who’ve never heard of her.
Love, Mister D
PS: David also sent in an article about funeral songs…and Bette is still topping the list. Here are the top 1o funeral songs, at least in the UK! :
Funeral Songs Top Ten
1. Wind Beneath My Wings – Bette Midler
2. My Heart Will Go On – Celine Dion
3. I Will Always Love You – Whitney Houston
4. The Best – Tina Turner
5. Angels – Robbie Williams
6. You’ll Never Walk Alone – Gerry And The Pacemakers
7. Candle In The Wind – Elton John
8. Unchained Melody – Righteous Brothers
9. Bridge Over Troubled Water – Simon And Garfunkel
10. Time To Say Goodbye – Sarah Brightman