New York Post
FASHION WEEK FAKE
By JUSTIN ROCKET SILVERMAN
September 13, 2008 â€”
Hugh Grant’s new squeeze, designer Catherine Fulmer, hosted an after-party for her show at The Eldridge Thursday night and offered Buzz her advice for surviving Fashion Week: “Stick with your friends. Everyone else around is complete bulls – – t.”
* PETA loudly protested fur outside the tents this week, but its fake-blood tactics may not be the most effective. “I’m glad they are out there but don’t think it’s the best strategy,” eco-star Adrian Grenier told Buzz. “We need to be deliberate and meticulous in order to change the fashion industry from the inside.”
* Heather Graham made a rare Fashion Week appearance Thursday night at the G-Star show, to support the UN Millennium Campaign. “I’m not in the fashion scene that much at all,” she told us. And why not? “I don’t think I should say. I don’t want to diss anyone in print in the New York Post.”
* How is it that the Tribeca Grand’s MisShapes party for Seven New York turned out to be one of the Week’s wildest, despite the absence of big-time celebs and hustling publicists? Buzz may have just answered its own question.
* Heidi Klum rocked a black dress to the show thrown by “Project Runway” finalists yesterday. Seems her color choice was a wise one; chatting with Harvey Weinstein, Nina Garcia and Michael Kors in the W Lounge backstage, she announced that when she gets nervous she starts to sweat.
* The legendary Bette Midler had her own optimistic take on Fashion Week. “The best thing about it is that it’s all done for beauty,” she gushed outside the tents at Bryant Park. “This is all in the name of beauty. This is art!”
– Additional reporting by Brian Niemietz