Boldface: The Best of Celebrity Travel 2008
The Daily Traveler
Celebs flock to Miami–and I checked out why for our 2008 Hot List
by Beata Loyfman
After a year of surprises, hijinks, and general flashiness in the world of celebrity, a Boldface recap is in order. And so in the tradition of end-of-year lists, here’s a rundown of our favorite celebrity travel moments, both naughty and nice, clever and curious:
* A-listers descended on Miami, and can you blame them?
* Madonna conquered Cannes with her Malawi film, the world with her Sticky & Sweet tour, and embarrassed the rest of us with her 50-year-old rock-hard abs. (Honorable mention goes to Helen Mirren, who did more for the bikini than every Sports Illustrated cover ever published).
* Celebrity-owned restaurants: How many of these will still be cooking in 2009?
* Paris Hilton hearts CondÃ© Nast Traveler and changes the course of the presidential election.
* People’s sexiest man alive of 2007, Matt Damon (a.k.a. Jason Bourne) saves the world in film and in real life. Plus, he’s a nice guy. First Madonna’s arms, now this–we might as well stick our heads in the oven.
* Las Vegas got a dose of the Divine, as Bette Midler brought her extravaganza to Sin City.
* Did you know there were castles for sale in New York? We didn’t either. That Adrien Brody is one savvy real estate king.
* We traveled in television. And then we got animated, twice.
* Even more nakedness! (You can never have too much, especially when it comes in the shape of Jennifer Aniston.)
What will 2009 bring? We can only imagine…