Don’t forget we have an important fundraiser going on these next two months, so start giving! This fundraiser is to honor and show appreciation to the finest living entertainer/philanthropist/eco-green goddess there ever has been. In order to do this, we donate our hard earned money to her beloved creation, NYRP. Why give to The New York Restoration Project? Check out all they’ve accomplished and their goals for the future. There’s enough inspiration to start one of these foundations in your own city. Click Here! Now get those checkbooks and credit cards out and follow these instructions! Love, Mister D
(Join Mister D In A Celebration of Me…Get It! Got It! Good! Now Follow The Little Directions!!!!
Starts: October 1, 2009 thru November 28, 2009
Minimum Donation: $35.00 then to the moon
(if you can’t make the minimum, then just give what you can. It’s okay. The economy sucks….)
1. Purchase a birthday card or make your own
2. Enclose your check or money order (credit card info below)
3. Important-Make the check out to NYRP. Write on the check where there’s room….”Happy Birthday Bette – BLB” to let her know it came from the BLB group so they can tally how much money we raised. Write this on the check and the back of the envelope…make sure you follow this part carefully or your donation won’t get counted nor will it make it into the box being presented to Ms. Midler.
4. Beginning on Oct 1 thru Nov. 30 Mail the check to (make sure to write Happy Birthday Bette – The BetteHeads on the back of the envelope….very important)
5. You may also use their Credit Card page. Beginning in September they will be rolling out a new design. You may choose one of the already allotted donations or ‘Other’ and make up your own. When you get to the end of the process a Comment Box should appear – just write “Happy Birthday Bette – BLB” to let them know to count your donation with the Bootleg Betty group. You can still send a card. However, don’t send anything or use credit card until Oct 1, 2009.
6. For Cards with Enclosed Checks start sending beginning Oct 1 through Nov. 28th. Keep everything positive. Please send to:
Attn: Kristen Dougherty
New York Restoration Project
254 West 31st Street,
New York, NY 10001
7. Bette will be presented the birthday cards and donations in a Handmade Memory Box on her birthday or close to it.
8. Then NYRP will tally the totals.
We need a lot of participants, so start saving up or raising money. The birthday card will give you a chance to express some of your feelings. So let’s make this successful and maybe make this a yearly thing. At least we tried. Pass this along to your other Bette friends and get them involved, too.
9. All donations are tax deductible!