24 Disney Soundtracks Ranked: Did your fave make it?

24 Disney Soundtracks, Ranked From Annoying To Incredible
By Jenna Guillaume
August 9, 2019

Bette Midler as Georgette
<a href=httpsbootlegbetty Com20190729bette midlers stella on blu ray dvd sept 10 2019><strong>bette midler<strong><a> as georgette

24. Lady and the Tramp

Look, the music isn’t great in Lady and the Tramp in general, but it deserves to be at the bottom of the list for the appalling “Siamese Cat Song” alone. (Mister D: Hey I liked that song. It must be considered racist today, I guess)

23. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

It’s very much a product of its time. Which means, uh, sorry but Snow White’s voice is not pleasant to listen to.

22. Alice in Wonderland

Honestly “The Walrus and the Carpenter” scarred me for life. Pass.

21. The AristoCats

Everybody does want to be a cat. That’s about all I even remember from this soundtrack, though.

20. Robin Hood

That singing rooster played some bops! But the main love song is probably one of the weakest in the Disney canon.

19. Oliver & Company

Oliver & Company doesn’t get a lot of attention. It’s true the songs are very ’80s, although “Perfect Isn’t Easy”, performed by Bette Midler, is a stand-out

18. The Jungle Book

“Bare Necessities” walked so “Hakuna Matata” could run. The rest of the soundtrack is pretty skippable, though.

17. Dumbo

Between the crows and the creepy pink elephants, Dumbo has some moments I’d rather forget. But “Baby Mine” is achingly beautiful, if traumatic in its own way.

16. Sleeping Beauty

I mean, you can’t go wrong with Tchaikovsky. But when it comes down to it, “Once Upon A Dream” is the only notable original song here.

15. Pinocchio

“When You Wish Upon A Star” is arguably more popular than the movie it comes from, and “I Got No Strings” is really cute. The rest of the songs are very “eh” though.

14. Cinderella

Cinderella has the best soundtrack of the classic Disney princess movies. It helps that it has a lot of songs, and they’re all pretty good! Just not quite as good as what came later.

13. Pocahontas

“Just Around the Riverbend” and “Colours of the Wind” are stunning songs. “Savages”? Not so much.

12. Frozen

There’s no doubt the songs of Frozen are incredible, but it’s hard to tolerate some of them these days (*cough* LET IT GOOOOO *cough*) because they’ve been so overplayed.

11. The Princess and the Frog

This soundtrack is jazzy and fabulous, but it doesn’t quite make the top 10 – only because the competition from here on out is so damn strong.

10. Tarzan

Your mileage on the Tarzan soundtrack may vary depending on how much you love Phil Collins. But there’s no denying it’s really solid from start to finish.

9. The Hunchback of Notre Dame

The movie isn’t great (sorry not sorry) but the soundtrack IS. Try to listen to “Out There” and not get chills.

8. Tangled

Tangled has wonderful songs – and MANDY MOORE singing them! – I just wish there were more.

7. Mulan

“Reflection” is one of the best songs in the whole canon, and “I’ll Make A Man Out Of You” is still a bop. It helps that Li Shang is shirtless while singing the whole thing. Ahem.

6. Hercules

Hercules is seriously underrated, and so much of its power comes from its soundtrack – thanks mostly to the genius use of the muses. We don’t talk about “I Won’t Say I’m In Love” enough.

5. Beauty and the Beast

So many hits! “TALE AS OLD AS TIME”! “BE OUR GUEST”! And yet there are somehow even STRONGER soundtracks to come!

4. Moana

The songs from Moana make it this high without the benefit of any nostalgia boost whatsoever – that’s how incredible they are. “How Far I Go” is the ultimate heroine song.

3. Aladdin

I was deeply attracted to Aladdin as a kid, and I think at least 75% of that was due to his singing voice. The other 25% was the vest. Anyway, nearly every song on this soundtrack is perfect.

2. The Little Mermaid

I changed the order of the top two about 37 times and this is what I settled on. I will probably change my mind again as soon as this post is published. The Little Mermaid soundtrack is basically flawless.

1. The Lion King

The most iconic musical opening of all time, PLUS “Can You Feel The Love Tonight?” PLUS “Hakuna Matata” PLUS… you get the picture. It doesn’t really get better than this.

Share A little Divinity

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Verified by MonsterInsights