ArtWork: Lucy Wilkins
Ever since Bette Midler replaced Celine Dion at the Caesars Palace, Las Vegas as a permanent show, she has been making fans dance to her tunes and delivering sold out concerts. Midler, the music worldâ€™s most popular showgirl, has been singing at the Caesars Palace since February 2008 and each show of hers is a bigger hit than before. Her performances are entitled â€˜The Showgirl Must Go Onâ€™ and present the diva in a never before, musical avatar.
Bette Davis (Mister D: Not True) Midler is a popular singer, actress and comedian, also known to her fans as The Divine Miss M. She is named after the actress Bette Davis. During her career, she has won four Grammy Awards, three Emmy Awards and a Tony Award, and has been nominated for two Academy Awards.
Midler is currently performing a new concert show, The Showgirl Must Go On, live five nights a week as a headliner at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. As a permanent LV resident show, she will be delivering over 100 shows a year from 2008 to 2010.
Some Better Midler trivia
* In 1974, Bette Midler received a Special Tony Award for her contribution to Broadway for her Clams on the Half Shell Revue at the Palace Theater.
* Midlerâ€™s Las Vegas show is comprised of the staggering Harlettes, twenty female dancers and a thirteen piece band.
* Midler is on the Deanâ€™s Council at the Yale School of Architecture.
* While she was on Inside the Actorâ€™s Studio she revealed that her husband is a Duke and officially she is a Duchess. (Mister D: Not True)
* In 1995, Midler founded the New York Restoration Project, a non-profit organization with the goal of revitalizing neglected neighborhood parks in economically disadvantaged neighborhoods of New York City.