That’s really not so bad. The horrible part is the commercials. They burrow into your brain until you can’t forget about them. The jingles end up becoming the stuff of nightmares.
Don’t feel alone because we’re watching too.
We’ve compiled the most annoying commercials on financial TV here, so that we can all commiserate together.
1. Citi’s “Accessories”: The problem here is the song. It’s just awful, and for a while, we were sure the vocalist was singing “Sombody’s mashed potatoes.” She’s not.
2. Acura’s Season of Reason, ft. Bette Midler: Bette’s a classic, there’s no denying that. So why does she sound so awful singing this strange version of “Rocking Around the Christmas Tree”?
3. UPS, ‘That’s Logistics”: Joe Weisenthal loves this commercial, fortunately, he was overruled by everyone else who wants to scream every time they hear it.
4. Oh, and we’re not alone in our hatred of ‘That’s Logistics’. CNBC’s Joe Kernan had a minor melt down about it on Squawk Box.
5. Itau, “The global Latin American bank”: This commercial has no music, and only features the company’s name. Yet, it manages to be supremely annoying.
6. “Invest in Georgia”: Sorry Georgia, we know you’re trying but this commercial kills us with the obvious questions and the chanting voices in the background.
“Invest in Georgia”: Sorry Georgia, we know you’re trying but this commercial kills us with the obvious questions and the chanting voices in the background.
7. Align, Balance: It’s a commercial about probiotic yogurt. ’nuff said.
8. HP, Let Me Entertain You ft. Lea Michele: We’re 95% sure no one on Wall Street cares about Glee, but because of this commercial they probably know and hate it.
9. BONUS: There are good commercials. We absolutely love the Grand Prospect Hall ad. It makes our dreams come true.
10. This stuff was annoying, but there’s also pure craziness on financial TV. Like this…