“A modern-day Medusa wrapped in a Hefty bag,” sniffed Blackwell yesterday of Close, who was third in ’93.
The other fashion-flawed:
– Diana Ross: “She looks like a Martian meter maid, starring in a can-can revue.”
– Rosie Perez: “A fanny-flaunting fiasco.”
– Susan Sarandon: “A word of warning to peekaboo Sue: In fashions this fatal, the joke’s on you.”
– La Toya Jackson: “A tacky tragedy from the Zombie Zone.”
– Holly Hunter: “A frumpy, dumpy dirge.”
– Rosie O’Donnell: “A fashion strikeout from toes to nose.”
– Tanya Tucker: “A tornado trapped at a truck stop.”
– Daryl Hannah: “She’s a dowdy dishrag with a bad case of the grunge.”
On the favored side were First Lady Hillary Clinton, who headed the list of “Fabulous Fashion Independents.” The others: Princess Diana, Maya Angelou, Connie Chung, Janet Jackson, Bette Midler, Michelle Pfeiffer, RuPaul, Cindy Crawford and Kathie Lee Gifford.