The new Broadway production of Hello, Dolly! starring Bette Midler celebrates its second consecutive week of breaking the box office records for both the Shubert Theatre (225 West 44th Street) and The Shubert Organization.
The final gross of $2,371,088.47, over eight performances, marks the sixth time Hello, Dolly! has broken The Shubert Organization’s all-time record and the eighth time the show has set the box office record at the Shubert Theatre. Additionally, the production holds the record for the largest pre-performance advance sale in Broadway history.
There are only 84 performances left in Ms. Midler’s Tony Award®-winning run at the Shubert Theatre. Starting, Saturdayevening, January 20, two-time Tony Award winner Bernadette Peters, who “has stopped more shows on Broadway than the stagehands’ union” (National Public Radio), will take on the title role of Dolly Gallagher Levi, in the most successful and beloved production of the year.
- Victor Garber Exits DC’s Legends of Tomorrow To Join Bernadette Peters In Broadway’s ‘Hello, Dolly!’ (business2community.com)
- Welcome Dearies! Meet HELLO, DOLLY!’s New Stars (broadwayworld.com)
- Someone lit the black flame candle and decided ‘Hocus Pocus’ needed to be remade (theberry.com)
- Bette Midler Hello, Dolly! Cast Recording Will Be Released On Vinyl November 17 (bootlegbetty.com)
- Hocus Pocus 2 Could Be TV Premiering Movie (gamerssphere.com)