Let’s hear it ‘For the Boys’: Marriott Theatre anounces 2011 season
September 13, 2010
- The Marriott Theatre is to produce a new musical based on the 1991 Bette Midler film “For the Boys.” Penned by Aaron Thielen, Marriott’s co-artistic director, the new show is the tale of a 1940 big-band singer and employs a bevy of popular songs. Marc Robin will direct the premiere, slated for next August.
Also at the Marriott this next calendar year:
- “Guys and Dolls,” opening Feb. 2. Matt Raftery directs at the Marriott for the first time.
- “42nd Street,” opening Apr. 6. Rachel Rockwell directs the classic backstage musical.
- “Shout!,” opening June 22. Rockwell directs a new production of the 1960s musical, last seen in Chicago at the Drury Lane
- Water Tower Theatre and featuring a variety of Swinging London hits made famous by the likes of Dusty Springfield and Petula Clark.
- “White Christmas,” opening Oct. 26, 2011. Robin directs the Irving Berlin screen-to-stage musical.
- “White Christmas” can also be seen this season in a touring production at the Bank of America Theatre in downtown Chicago.