Biggest Celebrity Feuds Of March 2016
By Jesse Spero | 5:18 pm, April 1st, 2016
Celebrity feuds continued to rage on in March, with many stars slinging insults, throwing shade, and calling each other out. The list below contains just a few of the celebrities who waged a war of words last month. Gossip Cop now looks back at March’s biggest celebrity feuds!
(1) Kanye West vs. Deadmau5: The rapper and the mousehead-wearing EDM star top our list with their epic Twitter back-and-forth. It all started after Deadmau5 accused West of pirating the synthesizer software Serum. The DJ then called for his followers to start a Kickstarter to help the rapper afford the software.
Naturally, West slammed Deadmau5 repeatedly on Twitter, including a suggestion that the DJ make an appearance at a future birthday party for his daughter North West. “My daughter loves Minnie mouse”¦ I need you to perform at her party with specifically a minnie mouse dead-mow-five head”¦ not a mickey mouse dead-mow-five head,” tweeted West. He added, “I will know the difference so don’t try to just throw a bow on the original head.” Not backing down, Deadmau5 responded, “@kanyewest perform at your own daughters parties. You’re a bigger f**kin clown than anyone I know.”
(2) Bette Midler vs. Kim Kardashian: Kardashian’s racy nude bathroom selfie ignited a spat between the singer and the reality star. It started when Midler tweeted,”Kim Kardashian tweeted a nude selfie today. If Kim wants us to see a part of her we’ve never seen, she’s gonna have to swallow the camera.” Kardashian replied on Twitter,”hey @BetteMidler I really didn’t want to bring up how you sent me a gift awhile back trying to be a fake friend then come at me #dejavu.” After Midler, who also posted her own version of a nude bathroom selfie, suggested Kardashian couldn’t take a joke, the singer told Kardashain that she should use her social media power for good and donate to charity.
(3) Nate Diaz vs. Justin Bieber: The UFC fighter and the singer had a dustup after Bieber praised Diaz’s opponent Conor McGregor on social media. After Diaz pulled off an upset, Bieber posted a photo after the fight of McGregor, with a note on Instagram that read, “Still the champ.” Diaz responded with a post on Instagram that said, “Biebers a hater,” alongside fan art that showed a cartoon version of himself smacking the singer.
(4) Julie Klausner vs. Zendaya: In an unprovoked feud that seemed to come out of nowhere, the comedienne slammed the young star after her acceptance speech at the Kids’ Choice Awards. Klausner questioned if Zendaya was too thin. “You don’t have to have an eating disorder to attend the Kids’ Choice Awards”¦ but it helps!” she tweeted. Zendaya responded, “Do you find this funny? I will write another paragraph to educate you as well #youreallywannabenext?” She then urged her followers, “Now”¦ everyone go look in the mirror their beautiful body, and love that sh-t #thickgirlswinning #skinnygirlswinning #weallwinning.” Klausner seemingly offered an apology to Zendaya, before adding yet another slam on Twitter: “Let’s not fight. Here’s my olive branch to Zendaya fans ”“ can we just all agree that 1) all women are beautiful and 2) Zendaya hates Jews?”
(5) Hulk Hogan vs. Gawker: The feud between Hogan and Gawker Media went all the way to court! Hogan sued the website after it posted footage of the wrestler having sex with the then-wife of his friend Bubba The Love Sponge. Hogan was awarded $115 million in economic and emotional damages after a Florida jury determined his privacy was invaded. And then he was awarded an additional $25.1 million in punitive damages. Gawker argued it was exercising its 1st Amendment right to cover what it deemed a news story. The two sides will face off again during Gawker’s appeal.