Biggest Celebrity Feuds Of March 2016
By Jesse Spero | 5:18 pm, April 1st, 2016
Celebrity feuds continued to rage on in March, with many stars slinging insults, throwing shade, and calling each other out. The list below contains just a few of the celebrities who waged a war of words last month. Gossip Cop now looks back at Marchâ€™s biggest celebrity feuds!
(1) Kanye West vs. Deadmau5: The rapper and the mousehead-wearing EDM star top our list with their epic Twitter back-and-forth. It all started after Deadmau5 accused West of pirating the synthesizer software Serum. The DJ then called for his followers to start a Kickstarter to help the rapper afford the software.
Naturally, West slammed Deadmau5 repeatedly on Twitter, including a suggestion that the DJ make an appearance at a future birthday party for his daughter North West. â€œMy daughter loves Minnie mouseâ€¦ I need you to perform at her party with specifically a minnie mouse dead-mow-five headâ€¦ not a mickey mouse dead-mow-five head,â€ tweeted West. He added, â€œI will know the difference so donâ€™t try to just throw a bow on the original head.â€ Not backing down, Deadmau5 responded, â€œ@kanyewest perform at your own daughters parties. Youâ€™re a bigger f**kin clown than anyone I know.â€
(2) Bette Midler vs. Kim Kardashian: Kardashianâ€™s racy nude bathroom selfie ignited a spat between the singer and the reality star. It started when Midler tweeted,â€Kim Kardashian tweeted a nude selfie today. If Kim wants us to see a part of her weâ€™ve never seen, sheâ€™s gonna have to swallow the camera.â€ Kardashian replied on Twitter,â€hey @BetteMidler I really didnâ€™t want to bring up how you sent me a gift awhile back trying to be a fake friend then come at me #dejavu.â€ After Midler, who also posted her own version of a nude bathroom selfie, suggested Kardashian couldnâ€™t take a joke, the singer told Kardashain that she should use her social media power for good and donate to charity.
(3) Nate Diaz vs. Justin Bieber: The UFC fighter and the singer had a dustup after Bieber praised Diazâ€™s opponent Conor McGregor on social media. After Diaz pulled off an upset, Bieber posted a photo after the fight of McGregor, with a note on Instagram that read, â€œStill the champ.â€ Diaz responded with a post on Instagram that said, â€œBiebers a hater,â€ alongside fan art that showed a cartoon version of himself smacking the singer.
(4) Julie Klausner vs. Zendaya: In an unprovoked feud that seemed to come out of nowhere, the comedienne slammed the young star after her acceptance speech at the Kidsâ€™ Choice Awards. Klausner questioned if Zendaya was too thin. â€œYou donâ€™t have to have an eating disorder to attend the Kidsâ€™ Choice Awardsâ€¦ but it helps!â€ she tweeted. Zendaya responded, â€œDo you find this funny? I will write another paragraph to educate you as well #youreallywannabenext?â€ She then urged her followers, â€œNowâ€¦ everyone go look in the mirror their beautiful body, and love that sh-t #thickgirlswinning #skinnygirlswinning #weallwinning.â€ Klausner seemingly offered an apology to Zendaya, before adding yet another slam on Twitter: â€œLetâ€™s not fight. Hereâ€™s my olive branch to Zendaya fans â€“ can we just all agree that 1) all women are beautiful and 2) Zendaya hates Jews?â€
(5) Hulk Hogan vs. Gawker: The feud between Hogan and Gawker Media went all the way to court! Hogan sued the website after it posted footage of the wrestler having sex with the then-wife of his friend Bubba The Love Sponge. Hogan was awarded $115 million in economic and emotional damages after a Florida jury determined his privacy was invaded. And then he was awarded an additional $25.1 million in punitive damages. Gawker argued it was exercising its 1st Amendment right to cover what it deemed a news story. The two sides will face off again during Gawkerâ€™s appeal.