Trumpâ€™s wildest one-liners of all time
By Charlotte Willis
April 8, 2016
HEâ€™S the Republican presidential frontrunner, a real estate magnate and television personality with – if you believe him – a fortune valued at around $10 billion.
And the king of controversial, Donald Trump, was a bottomless pit of headline-making one-liners many years before he decided to run for president.
Since announcing his candidacy in June 2015, Trumpâ€™s divisive comments have gone from comical to contentious, and have become the subject of intense public scrutiny and mass media coverage.
Here are some of his most outrageous quotes to date:
â€œWhen Mexico sends its people, theyâ€™re not sending the best. Theyâ€™re sending people that have lots of problems and theyâ€™re bringing those problems. Theyâ€™re bringing drugs, theyâ€™re bringing crime. Theyâ€™re rapists and some, I assume, are good people, but I speak to border guards and theyâ€™re telling us what weâ€™re getting.â€
– Trumpâ€™s shock statement about Mexican immigrants while announcing his candidacy for president in June 2015.
â€œI will build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and Iâ€™ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.â€
– Trump also proposed the idea of building a wall along Americaâ€™s southern border during his candidacy announcement speech in June 2015.
– At a December 2015 rally in Charleston, South Carolina, just days after the San Bernardino shooting.
â€œI donâ€™t think Ivanka would do that inside the magazine. Although she does have a very nice figure. Iâ€™ve said that if Ivanka werenâ€™t my daughter, perhaps I would be dating her.â€
– During a March 2006 appearance on The View with his daughter Ivanka. Trump was asked how he would react if Playboy magazine were to ever feature Ivanka on its cover.
â€œAll of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me â€” consciously or unconsciously. Thatâ€™s to be expectedâ€.
– In his 2004 book, Trump: How to Get Rich.
â€œWhen these people walk into the room, they donâ€™t say, â€˜Oh hello, howâ€™s the weather? Itâ€™s so beautiful outside. How are the Yankees doing? Theyâ€™re doing wonderful, thatâ€™s great.â€™ They say, â€˜We want deal!â€™â€
– Trumpâ€™s impression of Asian negotiators using broken English during a campaign event in Iowa in August 2015.
â€œSorry losers and haters, but my IQ is one of the highest â€” and you all know it! Please donâ€™t feel so stupid or insecure, itâ€™s not your fault.â€
– Trumpâ€™s response to the â€œhatersâ€ on Twitter in 2013.
â€œHeidi Klum. Sadly, sheâ€™s no longer a 10.â€
– Commenting on supermodel Heidi Klum, who had just turned 42, in an interview with the New York Times in August 2015.
â€œRosie Oâ€™Donnellâ€™s disgusting both inside and out. You take a look at her, sheâ€™s a slob. She talks like a truck driver, she doesnâ€™t have her facts, sheâ€™ll say anything that comes to her mind. Her show failed when it was a talk show, the ratings went very, very, very low and very bad, and she got essentially thrown off television. I mean sheâ€™s basically a disaster.â€
– Trump added fuel to his ongoing feud with talk show host Rosie Oâ€™Donnell in 2006.
â€œI think apologising is a great thing, but you have to be wrong. I will absolutely apologise, sometime in the hopefully distant future, if Iâ€™m ever wrong.â€
– On The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon in September 2015.
â€œWomen have one of the great acts of all time. The smart ones act very feminine and needy, but inside they are real killers. The person who came up with the expression â€˜the weaker sexâ€™ was either very naive or had to be kidding. I have seen women manipulate men with just a twitch of their eye â€” or perhaps another body part.â€
– In his 1997 book, Trump: The Art of the Comeback.
– Trumpâ€™s thoughts on global warming, via Twitter in 2014.
â€œEveryone knows I am right that Robert Pattinson should dump Kristen Stewart. In a couple of years, he will thank me. Be smart, Robert.â€
– Trump dished out relationship advice to R-Patz about his then-girlfriend K-Stew back in 2012. Who knew he was such a Twilight fan?
â€œ@katyperry must have been drunk when she married Russell Brand @rustyrockets â€” but he did send me a really nice letter of apology!â€
– He weighed in on Katy Perry and Russell Brandâ€™s relationship in 2014, suggesting the pop star must have been drunk when she married the comedian. It did not end well for Trump.
â€œ@ariannahuff is unattractive both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man- he made a good decision.â€
– Trump got personal on Twitter in 2012 about Arianna Huffingtonâ€™s divorce from a former congressman in 1997, who later announced that he was gay.
â€œWhile @BetteMidler is an extremely unattractive woman, I refuse to say that because I always insist on being politically correct.â€
– Trump fired off a bizarre and fairly offensive tweet about actress Bette Midler in 2012.
â€œMy Twitter has become so powerful that I can actually make my enemies tell the truth.â€
– Trump believes his Twitter gives him superpowers, 2012.
â€œThe concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make US manufacturing non-competitive.â€
-when Trump took on Chinese propaganda on Twitter, 2012.
â€œSadly, because President Obama has done such a poor job as president, you wonâ€™t see another black president for generations!â€
– Taking aim at President Obama on Twitter in 2014.
â€œI love the poorly educated.â€
– During his victory speech following the Nevada caucuses in February 2016.